Data collection software for serial devices, including meters, balances, scales or any RS232 instrument. WinWedge captures data directly to Excel, Access or any Windows application or web page. It can even send commands out a COM port so you can control your device through hot keys, buttons, or DDE.
WinWedge easily collects data from balances, gages, meters, sensors, micrometers, barcode scanners, GPS, PLCs, analyzers and other measuring devices and laboratory instruments. It can send the data directly into any Windows program, including Excel spreadsheets, Access databases, LIMS and MMIs, or medical databases!
WinWedge is designed to be highly flexible and can easily parse, filter and format your device data to fit your project's requirements. It can also transmit prompts or commands through the serial port to control your instruments. Think of WinWedge as an easily customizable serial I/O device driver.
WinWedge Standard Features:
- Basic Data Parsing Capabilities allow you to split incoming data into fields. Input only data you need and ignore the rest.
- A Powerful Serial Data Analyzer feature allows you to preview serial data and debug all serial communications problems.
- Data Filtering Capabilities let you selectively filter out non-numeric characters from any field in your input data or ignore specific fields altogether. The Professional versions have additional advanced filtering options.
- Pre-Transfer Translation Tables. Translate incoming ASCII characters to other characters or to specific PC keystrokes.
- Keystroke Macro Insertion. Add additional keystrokes or keystroke macros before, after, or within your serial input data. Keystroke macros allow you to control where and how serial data appears in the target application program in Keystroke Mode.
- Automatic Date and Time Stamping. Place date and time stamps directly in your serial input data.
- Up To 20 Button Controlled Output Strings. Program buttons to either send data strings out the serial port or lower the PC's DTR line whenever the button is clicked. Use the Output Buttons to send prompt strings, or other control data, to your serial devices.
- Automatic Data Acknowledgment feature sends a string back to the serial device after each data record has been received.
- Timed Automatic Prompting. Have the Wedge automatically transmit prompt strings or commands at regular timed intervals.
- Fully Selectable Communications Parameters. 110-115,200 baud; 5,6,7 or 8 data bits; 1 or 2 stop bits; EVEN, ODD, MARK, SPACE or NO parity.
- Hardware and Software Flow Control. Selectable input and output buffer sizes from 128 bytes to 32K. Support for new high speed 16550 UARTs.
WinWedge Professional Features:
Includes all features of the Standard Edition plus these advanced features
- Extended support for 2-way I/O to give you more options for controlling serial devices.
- Supports up to 99 com ports simultaneously.
- Support for any serial data including Binary, Hexadecimal and Octal as well as ASCII.
- Maximum field lengths up to 64K (vs. 256 bytes in WinWedge).
- 30 powerful math and string functions including scaling, conversions, arithmetic and logical operators.
- Sophisticated data parsing, filtering and formatting of any type or structure of data even very sophisticated data.
- Virtual Instrument Mode to simulate data from any device.
- Hot-Key activated output strings and Hot Key control of all WinWedge Pro features.
- Assign multiple actions to a single Hot Key keystroke.
- A Pre-Input Character Translation table that can be used to simplify complex input data record structures.
- More advanced data filtering options.
- Expanded DDE support provides more precise control over serial I/O functions directly from within other Windows applications.
- An optional Disk File Logging mode. Use it to log serial or TCP/IP data to a disk file in the background.
WinWedge Professional Extra Features:
The Professional Edition is sold as a bundle that includes TCPWedge, TCP/Com, COM-File, TCP-File, and FileWedge... in addition to the advanced features of WinWedge Pro. This is one of the most powerful data acquisition toolsets available!